In just 5 short weeks, our family has celebrated Sam's college graduation, Christmas, New Years, Sam's birthday, and Kyle getting engaged!! It has been a month of great joy, pride, and pleasure for me. I have to admit that it hasn't been easy to keep up with how quickly our family dynamics are changing, but the changes are all good. I have already covered graduation and engagement news on my blog, but wanted to take a minute to acknowledge Sam's 24th birthday.
Three days old.Sam didn't seem to mind that he was turning 24, but when I innocently said, "Wow, I can't believe you are now in your mid 20's," he suddenly got depressed and decided he was getting OLD! Apparently there is a big difference between being 24 and being in one's mid 20's! I had to laugh because he actually dwelled on the 'mid twenties' remark for a couple of days, and I kept wondering how anyone in their twenties could think they were old!

Always clowning around!

First guitar. (Today he plays a mean bass.)
Sam has always been the clown of our family. Whether he was making up silly songs, telling knock-knock jokes, or just making funny faces, he kept us laughing. He has been a constant source of pride and joy for us and he makes Steve and I look good as parents. He is a blessing for which I am thankful.
Sam & his girlfriend Amy.
Happy 24th Sam! Just remember that mid 20's is NOT old, however, the big three-o is just around the corner.
4 comments:
It has been a pretty exciting month, hasn't it! :) I was glad to meet Amy on my last trip down there - she seems very nice!
I too have a hard time seeing how a 24-year-old can feel old. I didn't feel old until I hit 25 and I figured I was a third of the way through my life! ;)
And as for that one picture, Sam always has been a bit of a clown, hasn't he?!
Love,
Kyle
Hi Kyle,
Yes, Amy does seem like a very nice girl. She is quick to laugh and very friendly.
My, my, my, you also think you are getting old. That's funny because I feel like I am just getting started! :)
Once a clown, always a clown!
So much has happened in such a short period of time, your mind must be spinning.
I refuse to believe Sam is 24, has time gone by that fast? Amy looks sweet, I can't wait to meet her.
Those pictures of Sam are adorable, look at that hair! So curly. And you and Steve ARE good parents, just look at the wonderful children you have raised.
{{{HUGS}}}
Love,
Dee
Hi Dee,
Yep, my head is spinning even faster than usual!
Sam did have the curliest hair ever! So cute!
Thanks for the nice comment. I appreciate your thoughtful words.
All my love to you and the guys.
Post a Comment